Priest Index



1491 - 1495 Saint John Fisher - Bishop and Martyr


From 1863 - 1889, Northallerton was served from Aiskew / Bedale


1863 - 66: Fr Lawrence McGonnell


1867 (March - September): Fr Patrick George Kennedy (Fled because of debts!)


1867 - 68: Fr Edward O'Leary (an invalid)


1868 - 69: [Vacancy, possibly filled by Fr Luke Burke from Brough Hall]


1869 - 75: Fr Lawrence McGonnell


1875 - 76 [Vacancy from July '75 to Jan/Feb '76]


1876 - 1880: Fr Lawrence Schoch (a German exile)


1880 - 81: Fr Joseph Xavier Molloy (originally ordained for the West Indies though eventually a Canon of Middlesbrough)


1881 - 86: Fr James Griffin (a priest on loan from Meath who eventually stayed)


1886 - 87: Fr Richard O'Halloran (a priest on loan from Ireland)


1889 - 1904: Fr James Butler (Butler lived at Aiskew from 1889 - 91, then moved to Northallerton from 1891 - 1895 His personal journal records his intense dislike of the place! He finally moved back to Aiskew from 1895 to 1904! He was parish priest of both Aiskew and Northallerton throughout the period)


1904 - 1933: Fr Louis Tils


1933 - 1938: Fr Patrick McAniff - the church of the Sacred Heart was built & opened in this period


1938 - 1978: Fr Francis Connolly


1978 - 1984: Fr Dermot Nunan


1984 -2001: Fr Joseph Brennan

Assistants:-

1996 - 98: Fr Michael Sellars

1998 - 2000: Fr James Campbell SSS


2001- 2007 Fr Norman Jacobson


20 August 2007-4 October 2017: Fr James Blenkinsopp

Deacons:-

Rev. Paul Hagg

Rev. John Steel


BACK