This Page contains information about Current Appeals

The Quinquennial Inspection Report highlighted several areas where the Parish needs to spend considerable amounts of money and in addition to the Church Lighting Fund .

How can we raise the money ?

Gift Aid

Gift Aid (download a form in Microsoft Word format)

Do not miss the opportunity afforded by Gift Aid Tax Refunds

How to help your parish increase its income without extra cost to yourself

A SIMPLE way for any taxpayer to ask the church, which is a registered charity, to reclaim tax on any donation you give to your parish, and thus at the present rate of tax, increase the value of your contribution to parish finances by 28p in the £I.

Gift Aid removes the 'red tape' which surrounded the covenant scheme used before 6th April 2000 and leaves you free to give whatever you want, whenever you wish, provided you have paid sufficient tax to cover the amount of refund being claimed. The scheme applies to tax on income and on capital gains. Refunds will be made at the basic rate of tax irrespective of the rate paid by the donor, thus enabling those paying the lower rate of tax to join the scheme.

How does it work?

To be able to claim the money for the church, your parish must show:

1. That you have given permission and that you are a taxpayer (Gift Aid Declaration), and
2. The amount claimed has been received and banked (Parish Records).

How do I give permission and confirm that I pay tax?

You make a Gift Aid Declaration. This is a very simple document which gives the name and address of the donor and describes the donation. The declaration can be obtained from your parish priest or your parish organiser - a telephone request will be accepted, as will requests by fax or e-mail. You will receive a copy of the declaration in a folder containing information on what to do if: you cease to pay tax; you wish to cancel the arrangement for any other reason; you change your name or your address etc. The Gift Aid Declaration is not a legal document and can be cancelled at any time for any reason. You can use this declaration to cover

(a) regular offertory donations,
(b) a single one-off gift, or
(c) irregular donations of unspecified amounts.

How does keeping a parish record affect me?

A record must be made of all your donations. A total will be struck at the end of the tax year, and a claim made to the Inland Revenue for refund of the tax paid on that amount. Numbered envelopes are used for cash or cheque donations, or you may make your regular donations through the bank using a bank standing order, and use numbered envelopes for any additional donations you wish to make. The parish priest or the parish organiser will supply you with envelopes or a blank bank standing order as appropriate. If you visit another parish, you can make use of the Gift Aid Envelope available at the back of the Church, if you wish that parish to benefit from the Gift Aid Scheme.

How is the money claimed from the Inland Revenue - Am I involved?

The money is claimed from the Inland Revenue by the Diocese using information supplied by your parish. You are not involved in this procedure, but to ensure that refunds are not claimed for donations on which tax has not been paid, please let your parish priest or parish organiser know if you stop paying tax or you feel that you do not pay enough tax to cover the claim value of your donations.

Need more information?

Your parish priest or your parish organiser will be able to provide an answer to your queries, or you can contact the Diocesan Gift Aid Office, at

50a The Avenue,
Telephone Number 01642 850505.

The 100 Club